Sunday, October 14, 2007

Giraffe Sighting

The giraffe (Giraffa camelopardalis) is an African even-toed ungulate mammal, the tallest of all land-living animal species. Eran was excited to tell me that on the way to church this morning he saw 7 giraffes on the side of the road as well as an ostrich and a warthog. Ahh...Africa. They enjoyed meeting and fellowshipping with Melissa's fellow missionaries these past 2 days. Children's ministry and preaching were on this morning's agenda. Since internet access wasn't available Eran will try again tomorrow to post updates and possibly pictures/video once they're at their next location. Everything seems be going great and apparently Pat Spohn received an amazing birthday serenade. Can't wait to hear more about that!

5 comments:

Pastor Scott said...

Hey E! (or Julie, whoever is posting since Eran doesn't have a connection over there)
We are praying for you guys and the team! Believing God for His power and anointing to work in and through you on this journey. And thanks for the stats on the giraffe - fascinating - and from an astronomer!
Scott

Jeff said...

We are all praying for the team! The night sky must be awesome with less city lights. Think of the view the giraffes have! (lol). Hope you are all having the time of your lives. Thank you for serving our Lord in this way. May He bless you and allow you to touch as many people while you are there. Remember, those "touches" will last for eternity! You have all of our love and encouragement. God Bless!
Jeff.

Rodney said...

We hope & pray that you guys are having a fantastic time in Africa. You are truley making a difference for the kingdom of God!

Sis said...

For Pat Spohn,
Good Morning, just checking in to see if you received my post wishing you a Happy Birthday. I guess I won't know till you get back if you ever did get to see it.

Well Happy Birthday again!!!!
Love Sis

P.S. When I posted the first time I used Romaine, so I don't know if anyone would have told you I wrote

Sis said...

Justine Barbitta,

Well now that I think I figured out how to make this work, and sent your Mom another post in case she didn't get the first one wishing her a Happy Birthday, thought I would say Hi, and I hope this so far has been the trip of a life time, and everything you thought it would be and more.

Love
Aunt Sis