Monday, October 12, 2009

We've arrived in Windhoek, Namibia

Hey friends,

Just wanted to get a quick message out to you that we’ve arrived safely in Windhoek, Namiba.  We’ll be spending the night in the “Windhoek Lodge” and heading out in the morning to the coast.  It’s about a 3 hour drive.  We’ll meet up with missionaries Mark & Kim Gardener and spend some tourist time in the city of Swakop.  We’ll visit Dune 7 (the second largest sand dune in the world) and do a little walking through the town.  It will be a nice relaxing day before our ministry schedule kicks in on Wednesday.  

The time difference is 6 hours ahead for us, so while it’s 1:00 pm for you guys it’s 7:00 pm here.  For those of you hoping for calls from your family you can expect them at the end of the day for us so that would be around 3-5:00 pm for you guys.  

We’re getting ready to head out for a bite to eat and then early to bed.  As you can imagine we’re all pretty wiped out from the trip.  

Thanks for all your prayers and comments on the blog already.  It’s so awesome to know that so many are a part of this journey from a distance.  I hope to get a handful of pictures up there tonight.  We’ll see how well this internet connection holds up.  It’s pretty slow right now, but I’m thankful that we have it.  

Love you all,

PE

8 comments:

Jeanette Keylor said...

Have a safe trip to the coast! Are you letting Melissa drive? If so, watch out for those warthogs! Tell Mark (and his monkey) hello from Team 2008...I know you are laughing right now thinking of Kay...anyway, have a great time at the coast. Dune 7 will rock your world! Can't wait to see pics! God is getting ready to do amazing things thru your team...get prayed up...you have an extended family back here in the states prayin for you! LOVE LOVE LOVE to you all.

JEANETTE

Jen Bohner said...

AH! I'm very excited for you guys/super jealous! Glad to hear you arrived safely. You can be sure that Jeanette and I will be commenting all over this blog.
Love you guys! Have fun at the coast! I'll be praying for all of you!

Mom, thanks for the Oreo's :)
Dad, I wouldn't be surprised if you already used all the balloons just on the kids in the airports.
Love you both!

-DUUUUUTY!
I realized yesterday that your trip this year is "Duty Free". :( so sad.

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone on the Africa Missions' Team '09!!! So glad you arrived safely and are on your way to get awesomely blessed - and be a blessing!!! Hey, Pastor Eran - don't forget to tell me how to do this (a blog) when you get back so I can do the same thing while over in India!!!!! You guys are being covered in prayer!!!! Lorena

Anonymous said...

Hey Everyone, we were praying for you guys as you traveled yesterday. I hope you have a great time at the coast and the dunes. Can't wait to see the pics. I know that God is going to do some amazing things through all of you!

God bless,
Kent

Melanie said...

Sheena, it was SO great to hear from you today!! Sorry we lost you. Maddi said I "hogged" the phone (I said I didn't, but I know I did :) anyway, I love you and miss you (please give Jul and Court a hug for me and have them hug you back.)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for your team to do great things. I pray that these next weeks are life-changing for everyone involved. Go out and shine the light! :)

Prayers from Tennessee...

Anonymous said...

Hellooo Africa team!
So happy to hear you all are safe and didn't lose any bags!
Swakop was my favorite town to walk around in, it's so cute! So make sure to have a good time. Courtney, you've been gone for less than a day and I already have the craziest story to tell you and it's killing me. I hope Chris consumes an entire terminator sandwich in the morning. I can't wait to see pictures. Also I really hope people walking by outside hear a crazy western voice screaming Family Time every night. I love you ALL you are always in our minds and prayers. Now go out there and do what God has called you to do.

MISSY GARVEY

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone...miss being with you all. I am here spending my last evening in Chicago thinking about how I wish my flight in the morning was to meet up with you but its only heading to PA lol.

Have a great and amazing time and I will be praying for you all.

Tell Kayleigh I said I miss her text messages already...

Love and prayers, Justine