Thursday, November 10, 2011

Jaime's Story

For when I am weak, YOU are strong! This was a scripture I personally was clinging to upon landing in Namibia last week, as this would be my first missionary trip. I felt God's calling on this trip for quite some time, as I have a teaching degree and would love to further my involvement in children's ministry. 

I must say, I am so very thankful for the amazing group God has placed on this trip. Pastor Bryan wasn't kidding when he told me they were a great group! They have been so encouraging and have made this experience one I will never forget. 

The Lord has opened my eyes even wider to the needy and has put in me an even deeper desire to spread the gospel. While it is a wonderful and humbling feeling to serve others, I am just in awe at the Lord and his word. I have never been so moved in all my life! Whether it's sharing scripture with an African village, playing with children at the orphanage that have the largest hearts for God I've ever seen, seeing God's creation, or playing soccer at the orphanage….I am just so grateful for this opportunity and everyone alongside me in this journey God has blessed. If I had to pick a favorite moment so far, it would be very difficult. I have a journal full of them! I have 2 that stick out though. First one was on Monday, when the Lord allowed the words to flow through, giving me the strength to conquer a fear…sharing an in-depth version of my testimony to a high school! I love Courtney because she just keeps throwing me into those opportunities where the Lord is going to stretch me most. Second, would have to be laughing uncontrollably with the ladies and then finding out we kept the guys up all night next door. I haven't laughed that hard in years!  

God is good and I cannot wait to share all the amazingly wonderful things the Lord has worked and is continuing to work into this trip. Thank you for all of your prayers back home. It is comforting and encouraging. I am mosquito bite free at the moment-praise the Lord!! …and I am now holding onto the scripture that God can do immeasurably more than we can EVER imagine. Love to all of you! We cannot wait to see your beautiful faces…and (actually) return to some cooler weather!! Whew it's HOT!

No comments: