Wednesday, November 9, 2011

We have internet!

Hello family and friends!

Mark Gardner (our host missionary) took us to lunch at a little restaurant that has internet that is actually working! We are so happy and thanking God for it!

Here are a bunch of photos from our trips so far. I'll write in more detail for a bit, for now I wanted to make sure you at least get to see the faces of your loved ones in case we don't have internet for awhile. 

A brief recap:

Friday – arrival in Windhoek
Saturday – a children's outreach at a local youth hostel (boarding school for kids whose parents live and work hours away on the farms)
Sunday – a children's program and an adult service
Monday – an impromptu program at a local high school followed by a 4 hour trek to Otjiwarongo where we spent the night at the Joy Centre
Tuesday – a 13 hour drive north to Katima
Wednesday (today) - preparation for the kids camp; ministry at the Cheshire Home (home for disabled children) and village outreach

Hopefully I can write in more detail soon. Thank you so much for your prayers – we feel so encouraged. We had a bit of a breakdown last night where we were all feeling uncomfortable, overwhelmed, discouraged, and more stretched than we were hoping for :) BUT God is good! We were so incredibly encouraged by all the texts you sent with encouraging words. We know you are praying for us, and that means the world to us. We remember that when WE are weak, HE is strong, and we trust that his power and glory will be on full display in our weakness. Our time of prayer and devotion today put things in perspective and refueled us for the ministry ahead.

So much love and gratitude,


Courtney and the team

4 comments:

Jen Bohner said...

SOOOO EXCITED TO SEE YOUR SMILING FACES!!! You have such a cute little team. :)

1. SUPER DUPER jealous that you spent the night at the joy center.. and i'm sure jeanette will agree with that.
2. Mom and Dad, i miss you lots and lots and lots... Jon and I both are excited for your return home. But I don't want to rush it because I know amazing things are happening there and I know Dad is probably in paradise no matter what the conditions.
3. It brought tears to my eyes to read how God has given you strength through your morning family time! He is just so so good, it overwhelms me.. as I'm sure it does all of you. So cool that he uses our weaknesses the way He does.
4. Courtney! Thanks so much for the updates!

Praying for you guys.. for restful sleep (and cool breezes for you Dad), supernatural strenght, health, and no bug bites (especially for Jaime).
LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
Hug the kids for me!
Duty.

Anonymous said...

Um...JOY CENTER SLEEPOVER?!?!?!? Sooooo jealous! I praise God for what He's doing TO, IN, and THRU you! Love you guys so much. Will write more later!
Blessings,
Jeanette

Anonymous said...

PS - I hope you hugged Muriel for me!
Jeanette :)

Lissette said...

I'm so glad all of you are doing well. I know that God will continue to do great things and keep you healthy!!! I wish I was there with you :)