Friday, October 10, 2008

We've Arrived in Windhoek, Namibia (URGENT PRAYER REQUEST!!!)

Hey Friends & Family,

We've arrived safety although it was a little windy for the landing. We'll post more fun stuff later, but we 2 prayer requests that we need you're prayer support on:

1. We are missing 15 bags!! Yes, that's right 15. I've never had that many bags lost ever. Sheer craziness. Pray that they come in tonight or tomorrow. Pray that nothing was stolen out of them. Many of them are ministry supplies, sound equipment, medical supplies, etc... It's literally over 10k in materials.

2. We had a major issue getting into the country. At one point that customs officer actually said that we would not be allowed in. As we began to talk through the issue some of the other custom officers came to our defense and allowed the entire team entrance for the duration of the trip, but they would not grant me, as a pastor, a stay any longer than next Wednesday unless I applied for and received approval for a Religious Business Visa. Getting a religious visa usually takes months. I will be applying on Monday and needing approval by Wednesday morning or I will have to return home or at least to South Africa and then I could try to reenter Namibia. We need to pray for a miracle of the favor of God on those who will be helping me submit this application. There are several friends who might have the influence to assist in a timely turn around of a visa. Just to put it in perspective, Pastor Melissa applied for her renewal in April '08 and is still waiting to receive hers. Needless to say our God is big enough to meet this challenge. Please copy and paste this prayer request to every prayer person you know and agree with us for the favor of God.

Rest assured that God is in complete control of this trip. I feel at peace. I know that this is not a surprise to Him. He has already prepared the necessary people that it will take to accomplish this miracle.

We'll keep you posted on this and all the other amazing things that are happening.

Love you all,

Pastor Eran

15 comments:

Nicole McKay said...

Praying for a couple miracles for you guys!

Unknown said...

Just received your urgent prayer requests. I called friends to join me in prayer for you all. Like you said when you spoke at Wyncote, Pastor Eran, God is So BIG!! and he hears us when we call and will answer!
Also, tell Dot David got the computer to work fine on his own!

pam x.t. said...

Prayer is a powerful tool , and rest assured, you are all in my thoughts and prayers. With a little faith, everything will come together for the best. Que dios los bendiga!

"The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it."
- Mother Teresa

Ryan Garvey said...

Im praying for you guys! god already knows whats going to happen! Be safe! im praying for you!!

jim brossman said...

Praying for all of you guys.Will check back later.God Bless You All

Katie Taylor said...

i'm praying for you all hardcore. pastor eran, you are great at making things happen, and i think that may be because of a certain God backing you up. my prayers continue--

shoutout to Maurice-- day 2
so. i think it was downright mean of Sheena to say that your ears make her gag. it's okay kid-- i've got a flat head & i bounce when i walk ( both things that you've pointed out to me ). i'm praying for you. [don't you have to apply for a pastor's son visa? ;) ] love you.

ms. justine--i love you!

Elly said...

i will definitely kick the praying up a notch (BAM!....how many times can Emeril make an impact on something sacred?? haha). I went to a show in Philly tonight for my Broadway seminar called "Gee's Bend" about slavery and quilting and in between scenes they sang bits of songs and two really stuck in my head:
"when somebody 'ax' you who I am, you tell him I'm a child of God" and "when all God's children get together--oh what a time that would be!"
i love you all and know God will provide for you guys!

acegonyea said...

omw pe i am so praying for u! honestly i know that god has this happening for some reason. look to him for all the guidance, thats y he's there. if for some reason u cant stay, i am confident that HIS work will be done. nothing can stop God from doing what he has planned. u r all in my prayers.

sheena said...

o wow! I'm definately praying for you. God knew that this would happen and he has a plan already mapped out for you, just keep trusting in him. I know that he'll bless you thoroughly.




(in response to Katie)

stop sucking up :) and maurice, your ears don't make me gag; it's the act of stretching your ears that makes me gag.but it's okay...we all have some sort of wierd thing about us :)

220 Youth Fine Arts said...

Hi Eran...We are praying!! I love this quote - "I will not tell my God how big my mountain is...I will tell my mountain how big my God is!" God has this entire situation in the palm of His hand. Be at peace. Tell Mom and Dad I said hi :)
love you - joy

Katie Taylor said...

(in response to sheena)
angela and i discussed the matter.
ha.

RobynGreg said...

Hi Guys:
Yesterday Greg and I both were impressed to pray for the team several times during the day and discussed it last night. We had not yet seen the blog with the prayer requests. Donna called this morning and told us to go on the blog and read what was happening. Be encouraged that the Lord is stirring His people to pray even when we don't know what's going on. You're in our hearts and prayers. We love you! Say hi to the Bohners, Nancy K., Pat S., and the Cool Cat! She will know who she is!

D.ㄥo said...

Wow. God has allowed this for a reason. For whatever it be may we all still thank him. God can do anything & everything through something like this. Whatever happens God has a plan. Believe in his truth & words.


-D.Lo Jr.

Tina said...

Hello to all, but a special hello to my sister-in law Deb and cousin Sharon. I finally had a moment to check out the site. My hearts go out to all of you that can see these children and not stuff them in your suitcase to take them home. It kills me to see their little faces. I am sure the happiness you bring cheers them up, but what about all the other days. I hate to see a sad child. I wish there was something for these children that they would no longer feel heartache, saddness, and/or pain. I can't wait to hear your experience Deb and Sharon too. I am sure it is an experience of a lifetime. All is well here so keep up the good work. Tina

Anonymous said...

Pray for me to kill spiritual children in my life and abort demonic pregnancy in my life